[opensuse-conference] Venue of oSC13
  • From: "Stella Rouzi (differentreality)" <stella.rouzi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:29:02 +0200
During the last conference meeting there were a couple of questions
regarding the venue and people wanted a more detailed presentation of
the venue.
So here it is:

Olympic Museum (not really a museum though, in fact it's designed
specifically for the purpose of hosting conferences - and to promote
athletics and olympics too), just next to the heart of Thessaloniki.
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/q5QEl

Ground Floor:
- Entrance, where we can set up the registration desk. [It also has
2-3 screens. Maybe we can run some of our own videos/photos there.]
- Cafeteria which we can choose if we want to be open during the conf
- [left side as we enter building] Amfitheater of 280 people, equipped
with 3 mics for speaker(s), 2 wireless mics for questions, speakers,
projector, 2 cams, podium
- [right side as we enter building] Room of 60 people, equipped with 1
mic for speaker, 1 mic for attendees, speakers, projector, tables and
chairs.
- Layout available (this is only ground floor):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7s3udvhgGFdd1pleElIdmozTGM/edit

1rst Floor:
- Room of 80 people, equipped with 1 mic for speaker, 1 mic for
attendees, speakers, projector, chairs and tables (if we only use
chairs we can accommodate up to 120 people)
- Room of 15 people equipped with tables and chairs

All areas have good air conditioning system.
The venue can also provide us with extension cords for electricity (so
that we can have some electrical strips for attendees to plug in their
laptops while attending a presentation).

Internet is something we are working on. On Friday or coming Monday I
should have more news as we are meeting at the venue on Thursday
afternoon to examine possibilities.

Photos:
- Foyer, looking at the right side as we enter. On the right is the
entrance of the room
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104738679296987729958/albums/5820355050940367649/5820422021095854866

- Amfitheater:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104738679296987729958/albums/5820355050940367649/5820421100874717826
- Amfitheater:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104738679296987729958/albums/5820355050940367649/5820421154899875490
- Foyer, looking at left side, amfitheater entrance:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104738679296987729958/albums/5820355050940367649/5820421198052033298
- Room 1rst floor:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104738679296987729958/albums/5820355050940367649/5820421885756833778
- Room ground floor: