[opensuse-conference] The conference announcement - URGENT
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:54:19 +0100
Hi all,

After hours of discussion and writing on IRC, we've discovered that there is
not really any other sensible way to release articles about the conference
than this way:

* First the announcement of the conference, with time and date and a link to
the website (just a front page) and info about the location and all that.
That should go on Wednesday: https://news.opensuse.org/?p=14908&preview=true

This will require URGENT help from the local team: YOU will have to write
about Thessaloniki (you can take from Wikipedia...) and especially about the
local community - yourselves ;-)

Some history, local events and other stuff that's interesting would be very
good.

* Then, we'll announce the CfP together with the opening of registration
later:
https://news.opensuse.org/?p=15001&preview=true

This includes a mention that the travel committee will provide support (the
rules etc can be announced separately) and also has a call for sponsors (so
the sponsorship brochure should be done by then). That article we will
promote widely.

Meanwhile, the most urgent stuff is the info about the Greekos ;-)

Please get something in that article! Pretty pictures are helpful, too.

/Jos