Re: [opensuse-conference] Fwd: osc12 venue bids - Let's pick the dates
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:00:54 +0200
On Thursday 22 March 2012 01:20:29 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 21/03/12 16:56, Alan Clark wrote:
Cool - That's why an onsite is so valuable.

So are you suggesting:
Thursday October 25th setup (Could we setup on a Thursday without
interrupt their weekly events?) Friday October 26th Conference begins!
Saturday Conference
Sunday Conference last day
Monday - Teardown

Yes, Friday-Monday is the best setup for their needs. If there are no
objections I'll call Ms. Polcarova from KC Zahrada that we are
interested in the venue during these dates and tell her Michael will
follo shortly.

Please do so, let's finalize these dates. I think they're good. The fact that
T-Dose is at the same time is rather good - they must've done their
homework (I hope) to ensure there's nothing big in that weekend :D

T-Dose itself is a very small, local thing, not competition at all.

Anyone up for writing an announcement? We should get this out asap, but at
the same time - it requires a bit of preparation. The press needs to be
notified about 24-36 hours in advance to ensure good coverage and we have
something else planned for this week (some OBS news).

We also must get to work on the website, artwork (we don't have a logo yet!)
etc...

/Jos