Re: [opensuse-conference] Fwd: osc12 venue bids - Let's pick the dates
- there is the biggest local Linux event (LinuxAlt) taking place on 3rd
and 4th November in Brno, so we should try not to overlap with them
- after CfP we might let people vote on talks and assign places based on
number of votes to make sure that we don't need to fit 200 people in
small room while big one will have 10 people

Pavol and Michal(s) thank you for visiting the site. The place looks fun. Based
on your report it sounds like the Zahrada is the place for osc12.

* Can we make this location work?

- Yes. The best days (1-4) would be Friday-Monday.

From the RFP, Zahrada said they were available October 21 - 28 and November 12
-18. Those dates don't give us a Friday-Monday combination. Based on that
I'd like to suggest that we pick the week of October 21-28. And target the
following days for the conference:
Wednesday October 24: Conference Setup (do we need more than one day for setup?)
Thursday October 25: Conference Begins!
Friday October 26: Conference
Saturday October 27: Conference Last Day
Sunday October 28: Teardown and cleanup

Everyone: Please check for conflicts with other open source events.

If everyone agrees I'll have Michael go ahead with the contract with Zahrada.
(Movenpick is pushing for an answer from us. I'll have Michael tell them that
we won't be choosing their site)

-AlanClark