Re: [opensuse-conference] WLan access
On 08/31/2011 10:06 PM, Pascal Bleser wrote:
On 2011-08-31 14:24:56 (+0200), Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
The Wifi network is called "osc11 Zentrifuge", the PSK key will be
"Have a lot of fun!"

Bah. Why do we have to encrypt it? It's not that there are many other
people around Zentrifuge at that time stealing our bandwidth. Security
concerns with so many people certainly can't be the reason.

+1

There is no security anyway: if you use the network, you don't
own the access points, hence you cannot expect wire level
security in the first place.

Just make it open, less hassle :)

cheers

Apart if the sponsor ask you to push a wpa2 psk key
We won't bother them, ask just them to let at least ssh+irc+openvpn open

the key is nice anyway :D

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch