[opensuse-conference] Re: [cfp] Further Preparations
Hey,

On 15.08.2011 18:36, Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
I'm thinking of a few items to see what we need on-site.

1. Projector Testing
Assuming all the projectors are the ssame model

They are not. All are different.

If this is not possible, what can we do to reduce problems?

Pray... and have session chairs who can gather experience during the 4 days.

2. Session Chairs
There's been talk of having session chair volutneers. Do we have them
yet and if so do we have clear outline what they need to do?

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_volunteers

3. Printing
Can we have a printer in the speaker room so that session
spekers/moderators can print handouts for their sessions if they want?

We plan to bring one printer to the location. Preferably we will set it up by the registration desk and have it on the network.

4. Speaker Room Location
I advise that we choose the room farthest from the main traffic to give
the speakers the chance to separate and relax/prepare for their
sessions. If the room is too close to main traffic, then will get
constntly interrupted by others who walk by nd try to have
conversations.

The speaker room is planed next to the labyrinth which is as far away as you can get. The room also is not connected to any other room so you can close the door. We'll equip it with a sofa and a table with 4 chairs. I thought of bringing our Playstation or our WII for relaxation. What do you think about this?

Henne

p.s. all of this belongs to opensuse-conference and not to cfp.

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org