[opensuse-conference] Let's talk keynote speakers!
Hi all,

let's put our new list to good use! We need to find 4 keynote speakers for the
conference. Below some suggestions (most are not mine as I simply don't know
many possible keynote speakers).

* Bob Sutor, IBM: Inspirational speaker, great thinker, and for a
business guy keeps his eye on the Big Picture
* Diego Rodriguez, IDEO: Another excellent public speaker, designer at
IDEO, co-founder of the Stanford d.school. Get a feel for the
personality at http://metacool.typepad.com/
he's a rock star designer and a great speaker.
* Stephen O'Grady, RedMonk: Industry analyst, very clued in to the geek
developer community. High profile, quality speaker.
* Cory Doctorow, lives in London, interesting speaker and a Free Culture guy
(not Free Software itself but he does use a free desktop).
* Benjamin Mako Hill - Free Software Foundation
a great speaker and has some great ideas and fun ways to tackle them
(http://www.unhappybirthday.com/). His antifeatures talk is really worth
watching: http://2009.r2.co.nz/20100118/50349.htm
* Mark Pesce, the dude who did 3D in a browser 15 years ago. Great speaker,
visionairy. Very much into freedom of speech & working on a free, de-
centralized internet and alternatives to facebook etc
we'd have to pay him at least a business class ticked from Australia but I
think I can convince him to come talk for free otherwise (yes, this person I
do know and he's awesome). Watch http://linuxconfau.blip.tv/file/4851926
and http://darcy1968.vodspot.tv/watch/793677-those-wacky-kids-mark-pesce

More suggestions? Anyone knows any of the above? Comments?

And who does have an overview of who we've contacted up until now?

List Navigation
Follow Ups