Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Dependency resolution for rpm packages with same name
Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 9:55 AM Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday 2020-07-15 14:58, Vyacheslav Barinov wrote:
Is it possible to have two packages with same name and different versions in
single rpm repository of OBS project?

Currently I have:
- package pkg-old with subpackage libdep-1-1.1.rpm providing libdep.so.1
- package pkg-new with subpackage libdep-2-1.1.rpm providing libdep.so.2

As per our guidelines, the package name ought to be libdep1, the filename
thus
libdep1-1-1.1.rpm, and libdep2, libdep2-1-1.1.rpm.

That is not the answer to the question he's asking. And there's no
reason to assume this is openSUSE.

Yes, you're right, I work in our local OBS appliance.

The correct answer here is that yes, OBS does not handle this
properly. It locates packages by name and shadows the rest based on
that. You can work around this by adding versioned dependency clauses
to your spec file, though.

Okay, I see. Then the only way left is changing all the dependent packages to
make them use right package.

Thank you.