Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc use_keyring without windowmanager
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:23:18 +0100
On 2020-01-23 11:01:03 +0100, Marco Strigl wrote:
On 1/22/20 8:53 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2020, 11:18:32 CET schrieb Marco Strigl:
Hi,

On 1/20/20 4:36 PM, Joop Boonen wrote:
Dear all,

I would like to use osc with use_keyring without a windowmanager i.e. on
a server without X/wayland.

That is currently not supported by osc right now.

Is this possible as according to the documentation [1]. use_keyring only
supports (For KDE the KWallet is used, for GNOME it is Seahorse.).

Nowadays osc uses python3-keyring and its backends to determine what can
be used. There ist a python3-keyrings.alt package that can be installed
to provide additional backends as well.

For the keyring stuff you can choose between SecretStorage (used by
Gnome) and kWallet.

You can workaround this using a dbus session as described here [1] in
Chapter Ten (but without any guarantee that this will work or will be
stable).

And there is:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:frispete:python/python-keyrings.cryptfile

If you give it a try, please report back...

I just installed it and it works nice and without problems. The only
downside is that you have to enter the password for the keyring
(cryptfile) everytime. Or am I missing something?

We could "chain" it with the python-keyring-keyutils [1] keyring and store
the "master" password in the session keyring (kernel). But one should read
the security considerations [2] before using the python-keyring-keyutils
package (which is still WIP).

Marcus

[1] https://github.com/marcus-h/python-keyring-keyutils
[2] https://github.com/marcus-h/python-keyring-keyutils#security-considerations