Re: [opensuse-buildservice] KVM worker setup
Hello Srinidhi,

Am 18.09.19 um 08:15 schrieb Srinidhi B:
Hello Mark,

On Monday, 16 September, 2019 at 08:11 PM, Morschhäuser, Mark
<Mark.Morschhaeuser@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

how do I need to configure an OBS worker to use KVM instead of a chroot?
I checked the documentation but did not find information about that topic.

This is what I have been doing:

# grep -v -e "^$" -e "^#" -e '=""' /etc/sysconfig/obs-server
OBS_VM_INITRD="none"
OBS_VM_KERNEL="none"
OBS_VM_TYPE="auto"

(/etc/init.d/obsworker will check availability of XEN or KVM if OBS_VM_TYPE
is set to "auto")

Then I install KVM (especially, qemu-kvm) on the worker and make sure the
kernel modules are loaded at boot. When the worker starts with KVM as the
sandbox.

where does the worker know which image to use for boot and build ???

Regards,
Srinidhi.

--

Christian