Re: [opensuse-buildservice] CentOS8: No python3?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 11:36:05 +0200
On Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2019, 11:15:26 CEST Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2019, 09:08:42 CEST Michael Calmer wrote:
Hi

Am Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2019, 21:19:16 CEST schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2019, 17:49:57 CEST Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2019, 17:30:57 CEST Julio Gonzalez wrote:
I am trying to fix the issue at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Tools/obs-service-t
ar
_scm
not building for CentOS_8 with

Problem is that "python3" is not available.

As far as I can tell from
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/05/07/what-no-python-in-red->
ha
t-en
erprise-linux-8/ and the tests I am making myself at a CentOS8 VM,
neither
python2 or python3 are part of the baseOS repository, but part of
the
AppStream repository.

Is AppStream repo missing at OBS?

no, it is included. Check "osc meta prj CentOS:CentOS-8"

there seems to be no python3 package neither in baseos nor in
appstream
repos atm.

will need to check where it lives tomorrow. (or if it is missing, it
wouldn't be the first breakage, we saw also other missing x86_64 rpms
where
only i686 are there. It seems they didn't run a dependency check
before
publishing)

just checked again, it is indeed in AppStream as python36, but only in a
module. We hide currently all module content because it leads to
conflicts.

Uhhh, this means that even the BaseOS repository is not self contained and
cannot be used without app streams? It contains python3 packages and if
there is no python 3 base package you cannot install them and get
unresolved dependency errors if you try it.

indeed, baseos has packages with python3 dependencies but it seems not to
provide an interpreter.

erm, looked into it with mls, there is another python interpreter in platform-
python package.

You may want to use that one if you want to stay on the very stable version,
while the one in the module is most likely changing in future. Just not so
easy to use ....

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager