[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Disable an error that is not (I am fairly certain) an error
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 9:31 PM Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 15 2019, Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have checked the code, and I do not think the error is correct. An
array of structures is defined. This storage is passed to a function
that copies that amount of the same structures into the memory. I
think it is some new gcc test that is broken on the platforms that
fail.

Nope, the compiler is always right.

Seriously? The compiler as a compiler is not complaining. Some new
tests that gcc can do these days is what is failing. Or at least
triggering a failure by OBS.

Something of a fixed compile-time size is declared. A pointer to this
is passed to a function that copies (memcpy - no null terminators or
such) exactly that amount of data into that storage. The complaint
that the storage is not big enough seems incorrect.

--
Roger Oberholtzer