Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Package installation after build fails, requirements NOT installed
Am 24.05.19 um 13:33 schrieb Ralf Becker:
Hi Andreas,

thanks for your answer :)

Am 24.05.19 um 11:57 schrieb Andreas Schwab:
Try asking in opensuse-packaging@. Looks like your install script is
trying to use a service and fails if that isn't started.

It tries to start the service, if it's not running:

[ 46s] Created symlink
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/docker.service ->
/usr/lib/systemd/system/docker.service.
[ 46s] Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

But it fails, because of the build environment.

I understand that it is though for the package install check to
successful start something like the docker daemon, in all types of
build-environments.

Ugly hack from our in-house OBS instance, that my cow-orkers have found:

%post
chkconfig FOOBAR on || true

# in kiwi environment:
### ZYPP_CONF=/var/cache/kiwi/zypper/zypp.conf.25480
### PBL_SKIP_BOOT_TEST=1
# in obs environment:
### PNAME=FOOBAR
### YAST_IS_RUNNING=instsys
### BUILD_ROOT=/
if [ -n "$BUILD_ROOT" ] && [ "$YAST_IS_RUNNING" = instsys ] && [ "$PNAME" =
"%{name}" ]; then
echo "INFO: not restarting FOOBAR in build service environment"
elif [ "$PBL_SKIP_BOOT_TEST" = 1 ] && echo "$ZYPP_CONF" | grep -q '/kiwi/'; then
echo "INFO: not restarting FOOBAR in kiwi environment"
else
# restart. stop does not hurt if it is not running
%if 0%{?rhel} >= 7 || 0%{?suse_version} > 1200
systemctl stop FOOBAR
systemctl start FOOBAR
%else
/etc/init.d/FOOBAR stop
/etc/init.d/FOOBAR start
%endif
fi
true

As you can see, it is doing things you should not do in a %post script (always
starting the service...), but the part
mentioned in the comments could help you.

Have fun,
--
Stefan Seyfried