Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Adding repositories to project, but downloads don't show up?
  • From: Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 13:27:38 +0200
Hi Henne,

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 12:11:50PM +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Just to make it clear. We are open for everybody doing anything they
need to do for their project on build.opensuse.org. We don't consider
only building for non-opensuse distros abuse in any way.

Thanks for your clarification. It might make sense to have some kind of
official/formal policy for the service and publish that somewhere? Or
maybe I just didn't find it?

Just to make up an example: Building FOSS is one thing. But what if, for
example, somebody was using build.opensuse.org to build some proprietary
software pacakges [for whatever distribution], would that still be considered
acceptable? I guess most people wouldn't want to upload proprietary source
code to a public build service, sure. But what of e.g. having pre-compiled
proprietary binaries in the "source" tarballs and then creating dpkg/rpm
packages from it?

I have no plans in doing that, I'm just pointing out that it might be useful
to have some kind of public disclaimer about what is OK and what not.

Sure, it's not the most important thing to consider, but maybe worth a
thought.

Regards,
Harald

--