Re: [opensuse-buildservice] API query to return all _real_ source packages
  • From: Jimmy Berry <jberry@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 19:38:42 -0500
On Monday, May 13, 2019 3:20:46 PM CDT Jimmy Berry wrote:
Regardless of what is done to the web interface an API-level filter is
needed. I specified exactly what is needed in the original email.

/source/<project>?maintenance=0&multibuild=0&multispec=0

However one words it or implements it is up to the implementor.

Since there has been no indication this will be implemented I went ahead and
wrote a workaround [1] that makes 0-2 API calls per package to make a
determination, but there are still special-cases (that really shouldn't be
special, but are represented differently) that are not handled. Either way it
reduces the SP5 package clutter from 19,095 "packages" to 3,965.

There is still other code that is utilizing /search/request[/id] that is
expecting inherited packages, but clearly that does not work that will need to
be refactored at some point.

If OBS ends up with a server-side filter (or exposes in /source/<project>
response XML for client-side filtering), let me know and I'll replace this to
avoid 20k+ queries.

[1] https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-release-tools/pull/2014

--
Jimmy