Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Changing the OBS server's FQDN
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:07:19 +0100
On Donnerstag, 21. März 2019, 14:00:27 CET Morschhäuser, Mark wrote:
Hi,

I found out that our OBS internally uses a wrong domain name:
I saw the name as an alias in /etc/hosts, removed it and then the web UI did
not show any build results anymore. After changing it back in /etc/hosts,
it worked again.
I guess some service uses the wrong name and maybe also the database from
OBS contains the name somehow. I saw that some perl files in
/usr/lib/obs/server use Net::Domain::hostfqdn(); from perl to resolve the
hostname and it looks into /etc/resolv.conf and takes the first domain from
the search(!) entry which is a bug I think. This is probably how the wrong
domain name was introduced in the first place.

Now... how can I change the currently used FQDN to the right one for all
services and everything?

Also: I actually wanted to find out how to change the URL for the package
download from the Binaries page ("Detailed Information About foo.rpm" links
to http://localhost/build/<Project>/<arch>/foo/foo.rpm and the localhost
must be configurable somewhere - or it is resolved again and defaults to
localhost because the resolve does not work properly).

that is most likely the obs_url in

osc api -e /configuration

just edit it there and also the one for your official download repos, since /
build is just the build area