Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Caching interconnect requests for when interconnect is down?
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 9:25 AM Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2018, 13:23:01 CEST Neal Gompa wrote:
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:18 AM Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Montag, 22. Oktober 2018, 17:15:47 CEST Neal Gompa wrote:
Hey,

Is there a way to make it so that build service instances that
interconnect to api.opensuse.org cache the configurations so that in
the event the server is down, builds can keep going, using cached
configurations and binary packages that cached locally on the build
service?

This is to some degree the default, but not fully.

We have a replication mechanic on our roadmap, but not for next release.

Is there a roadmap document or something that shows what work is being
planned for the next release and what is backlogged for the release
after?

The (smaller) public part of the discussed and buisiness wise important ones
are here:

http://users.suse.com/~adrian/OBS-Roadmap/

This URL returns HTTP 404, unfortunately. :(

I'd like to avoid issues similar to what happened earlier in the year
and last year when the API was down and caused `osc build` runs to
fail, as well as builds on the build service instance itself to fail
due to inability to get configurations from the API, while still
maintaining the interconnect because I don't want to fork all the
build configurations and content and import them into my instance.

If that's not possible for OBS 2.9, what can we do to make this work
for OBS 2.10?

You could work on the support for interconnect on project copy operations.
That would be a good base.

What do you mean by this? Are you talking about something like `osc
copypac` for projects?

No, the /source/<project>?cmd=copy one

So this would be a foundational aspect to supporting that, and we
don't have anything like that at all, right now?