Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to manage a product with very frequent releases and no maintenance for each release
On jueves, 6 de septiembre de 2018 17:12:25 (CEST) Henne Vogelsang wrote:
On 06.09.2018 16:33, Julio González Gil wrote:
So, has anyone in the list experience about how to achieve this with OBS?

The OBS project has a rolling release (our git master)
-> OBS:Server:Unstable

We have per major version (2.X) a project
-> OBS:Server:2.9 or OBS:Server:2.8

Additionally we use a simple staging process
-> OBS:Server:2.9:Staging

Minor versions (2.9.X) are released as updates in the major version
projects.

Yes, I noticed. In this case we will not have minor versions.

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/wiki/build.o.o-Projects

One way I see to do this would be creating a systemmanagement:Uyuni
subproject for each version and then freeze the packages...
However I wonder if this is the correct way to do it, because to me it
seems a little bit overkill.

Because?

Well, keeping in mind that we release the so called "client tools" for each
distribution and distribution version managed by Uyuni, that means creating a
new project with the subprojects for each new version each 2/4/6 weeks with
all the metadata and prjconf and them submit every package there.

I am not even sure if OBS administrators would be happy if we generate 24
projects (or even more per year).

Creating zypper repos and copy the contents from the FTP generated repos for
systemsmanagement:Uyuni:Master could be easier, but I guess that automating
all the OBS stuff I described above should be doable as well.

--
Julio González Gil <jgonzalez@xxxxxxxx>
Release Engineer