Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to manage a product with very frequent releases and no maintenance for each release
Hey,

On 06.09.2018 16:33, Julio González Gil wrote:

So, has anyone in the list experience about how to achieve this with OBS?

The OBS project has a rolling release (our git master)
-> OBS:Server:Unstable

We have per major version (2.X) a project
-> OBS:Server:2.9 or OBS:Server:2.8

Additionally we use a simple staging process
-> OBS:Server:2.9:Staging

Minor versions (2.9.X) are released as updates in the major version
projects.

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/wiki/build.o.o-Projects

One way I see to do this would be creating a systemmanagement:Uyuni
subproject
for each version and then freeze the packages...
However I wonder if this is the correct way to do it, because to me it seems a
little bit overkill.

Because?

Henne

--