Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Questions regarding building KIWI images on OBS
On Samstag, 30. Juni 2018, 07:54:10 CEST wrote Johannes Kastl:
Hi all,

while building KIWI images on OBS, I came across some questions that I
found no answer for in the documentation.

#####################################
1.
Why is it that some images have an "alias" or link in the repository,
while others do not have that? I just can't find an example, though, the
Leap15.0 images seem to have that now.

I guess it is due to the "staticlinks" in the prjconf, but I saw
projects that have that and were missing the links.

%if "%_repository" == "images"
Type: kiwi
Repotype: staticlinks
Patterntype: none
%endif

well, yes, you it is optional. No one is forcing one to have it.

#####################################
2.
Why do some of the projects, that are only used for images, have build
targets for not only "images", but also the image's base release? I.e.
Cloud:Images:Leap15.0 has a build target against openSUSE:Leap:15.0 but
building the image is excluded.

sorry, you need to ask the project maintainer not OBS developers ...

However, it is pretty normal that you can build all kind of flavors in one
project. The build type only depdends on the repository and your sources.

#####################################
3.
I had some issues with the this-is-only-for-build-envs package that
seems to be a requirement needed for building stuff. I had copied over
the prjconf to a new project, copied an image from Cloud:Images:... and
saw this error. I worked around it with an Ignore, but should this not
somehow be automatically provided? I found nothing related to that in
the Cloud:Images prjconf or that of it's subprojects.

Yes, this should be handled with special project config rules in our
base distributions which will have an effect to image builds only.

eg. the Substitute for build-packages:kiwi are supposed to handle this.

However, this should be handled in the base distro already.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany