[opensuse-buildservice] Questions regarding building KIWI images on OBS
Hi all,

while building KIWI images on OBS, I came across some questions that I
found no answer for in the documentation.

#####################################
1.
Why is it that some images have an "alias" or link in the repository,
while others do not have that? I just can't find an example, though, the
Leap15.0 images seem to have that now.

I guess it is due to the "staticlinks" in the prjconf, but I saw
projects that have that and were missing the links.

%if "%_repository" == "images"
Type: kiwi
Repotype: staticlinks
Patterntype: none
%endif

#####################################
2.
Why do some of the projects, that are only used for images, have build
targets for not only "images", but also the image's base release? I.e.
Cloud:Images:Leap15.0 has a build target against openSUSE:Leap:15.0 but
building the image is excluded.

#####################################
3.
I had some issues with the this-is-only-for-build-envs package that
seems to be a requirement needed for building stuff. I had copied over
the prjconf to a new project, copied an image from Cloud:Images:... and
saw this error. I worked around it with an Ignore, but should this not
somehow be automatically provided? I found nothing related to that in
the Cloud:Images prjconf or that of it's subprojects.

Maybe someone has more insight and can help me fit together the missing
pieces. Thanks in advance!

Johannes

--
Johannes Kastl