Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Unresolvable build status of package
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 12:52:54PM +0300, Vladimir Voinovich wrote:
Yes. Thank you. I noticed it already. But there's another package that i
unable to build: openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7.centos.3.x86_64.rpm
It complains about "nothing provides /usr/bin/cmp, nothing provides
/usr/bin/rename". Its "diffutils" and "util-linux" packages AFAIK. If i
explicitly overwrite BuildRequires to package names instead of path's to
binaries, then package will start build process without error.(fails at the
end though, but its another question:)) It's possible that OBS parse path's
to binaries as package names and can't find it because of that?

Yes, OBS is somewhat limited when it comes to file dependencies. The
problem is that the file lists are just way to big to handle, so OBS
chickens out and relies on the project config containing entries that
tell it which file belongs to which package.

I added entries for /usr/bin/cmp and /usr/bin/rename to our
CentOS:CentOS-7 project, so building should work now.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg