RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems after update to 2.9.2
Hi,

Adrian thanks for the quick answer.

On Freitag, 8. Juni 2018, 15:51:30 CEST wrote Schröter,Adrian:
On Freitag, 8. Juni 2018, 15:31:59 CEST wrote Keil, Karsten:
Hi,

begin of this week I updated our private instance of OBS from 2.8.4 to
2.9.2. First tests did not show any
issues, builds were running just fine. But after adding a new worker (no
package cache !) we get
build errors, in the build log we see that getbinaries did fail for the
basic system packages (but the
files are available and the packages do not have any unresolved state.
In the repo server log I see the GET /getbinaries request and then a POST
with failed status, nothing more.
With Wireshark I saw that the answer for the /getbinaries request do contain
info with "file is a symlink".
Our base OS repositories are created from loop mounted Product DVDs or a
local SMT copy, all packages are sym linked to
the :full/ directory of the project, since we are in a fully isolated
network. This setup did work without any issues
for some years until now and I know some other private installations which
use a similar bootstrapping method for the basic repositories.

Digging a little bit deeper in the repo server backend code, I found that
some special handling for symlinks was introduced
In the BSHTTP::cpio_sender function and that the function has some support
do follow symlinks, but this was not enabled in the calling
function BSServer::reply_cpio, adding 'follow' => 1 as parameter to the call
of BSHTTP::cpio_sender seems to fix this problem for me.

Questions: Is this valid as fix for now ? Is this a bug or is here some
reason to forbid following symlinks ?

This is considered to be a security feature from our side. We could make it
configurable though.

That would be perfect.

This kind of setup is not really 100% supported atm, is there any reason why
you don't just use DoD functionality?

For new projects (SLE12) we already switched to DoD.
For the old legacy stuff we did this setup at the beginning (7 years ago) and
it was just working fine and it was easy to handle.
Maybe we can change it to some DoD setup too - but I fear this could cause
some rebuilds (which end up in some extra deployments).
If we can avoid this would be the best.

Karsten Keil

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be
disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by
anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and
delete this e-mail.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns
over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact
Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus
scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be
appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.