Re: [opensuse-buildservice] gcc-c++ not available at build
  • From: Detlef Steuer <steuer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:27:40 +0200
Am Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:01:57 +0200
schrieb Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:

On Mittwoch, 28. März 2018, 15:57:30 CEST wrote Darin Perusich:
Hi,

Has gcc-c++ been removed as one of the automatically included
dependencies at build time in OBS? A large number of packages in
devel:languages:R:released are now failing to build due to g++ no
longer being available, and we've changed nothing in the
R-base-devel package Requires which they all rely on.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

It was never installed by default before. If it worked before some
other package required it, you had it in prjconf or in BuildRequires.

But does not matter much, if your package needs it, it should
BuildRequire it IMHO

We have BuildRequires: gcc-c++

in R-base.spec.

Some traces:

For example AlgDesign fails, that has Requires: R-base
and BuildRequires: R-base-devel.

R-base-devel requires R-core-devel

R-core-devel requires R-base. I would expect gcc-g++ coming onto the
field there?

Nevertheless, nothing changed on our side, what makes the failed builds
strange.

Detlef

--
'People who say "I have nothing to hide" misunderstand the purpose of
surveillance. It was never about privacy. It's about power.' E. Snowden

Dr. Detlef Steuer
Helmut-Schmidt-Universität
Fakultät WiSo
Holstenhofweg 85