[opensuse-buildservice] Open Build Service 2.9 released​
People of the builds!

We are happy to announce the release of our stable code base of Open Build Service (OBS) version 2.9:

http://openbuildservice.org/2018/03/19/release_of_obs_2.9/

As a highlight we included the ec2 cloud upload that allows you to upload images to the Amazon Web Services (AWS).
More information can be found in our recent blog post: http://openbuildservice.org/2018/03/01/cloud-upload/

Other highlights are the Studio Express feature, an
improved workflow for producing appliance images in OBS. A message bus,
supported by RabbitMQ, to help you connect your own tools to what is
happening inside the OBS. And a much improved notifications system to
keep you up to date with OBS.

The Full Release Notes
----------------------

For detailed information of the changes we made please have a look into the 2.9 Release Notes:

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/ReleaseNotes-2.9

It is recommended to read these before updating your OBS instance!

Setting up the ec2 cloud uploader
---------------------------------

You can find information about how to set up the cloud uploader service in our admin guide: http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-admin-guide/obs.cha.installation_and_configuration.html#_cloud_upload_setup

Install 2.9
-----------

Please read our setup instructions

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/README.md#installation

or even better, use our appliance

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/2.9/images/

Update to OBS 2.9

In case you update from a previous OBS stable release please read
the README.UPDATERS file which comes with this version.

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/dist/README.UPDATERS

OBS Appliance users who have set up their LVM

http://openbuildservice.org/download/#appliance_config

can just replace their appliance image without data loss. The migration
will happen automatically.

Your Open Build Service Team

PS: In case you wonder about the 2.9.1 version. We messed up the versioning in our beta release. In order to allow you an easy update path from our beta and RC packages we decided to start this release with version 2.9.1;-)