[opensuse-buildservice] Re: How to use preinstallimages in OBS?
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey all,

I've been spending a few hours trying to use preinstall images[1] to
speed up builds in OBS.

However, it seems like after defining a _preinstallimage file in a
package space in a project, nothing uses it anyway. I've even tried
copying official OBS preinstall images[2].

I'm using OBS 2.8 with chroot builds and it's not working. I can build
them just fine, but no package build uses them... I've also tested
with OBS 2.9 beta and it similarly does not work.

What am I missing? Is there a prjconf directive I need to use to use
them? An option to set for the obsworker service? Or something else?

So I realized what I did wrong (having the preinstall images in an
unrelated project), and now it works in OBS 2.8 instance. But it's
still broken on OBS 2.9. I upgraded to the latest in the repos and
that didn't fix it either.

So it looks like preinstall images usage is broken in OBS 2.9 entirely.