Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use data_migrate gem for API
On 09/11/2017 11:53 AM, Evan Rolfe wrote:
On 08/09/17 08:24, Adrian Schröter wrote:

We just need to ensure that there isn't another
migration afterwards, which requires a downtime, right?

This is the part that concerns me, how do we ensure that? If you have a
data-migration which takes 3 hours but is lumped in with the other
database migrations how are we going to ensure that the 3 hour
data-migration is run without downtime but the other migrations are run
with downtime?

Well, since we have to run the migrations manually, we could just run
them independently. Assuming the migrations themself don't depend on
each other.

This might not be an option for other people that host OBS. Though they
are probably not affected as much by this problem as we are by hosting a
public service.

Björn

I would also be open to using a rake task for the data migration if you
would prefer over using a third party gem to handle this?

--
Björn Geuken - Rails Developer - Open Build Service
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,