Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: How to stop a linked packages parent from rebuilding when the parents spec file is unchanged.

On 07/06/2017 15:47, Andreas Färber wrote:
Am 05.06.2017 um 18:26 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 16:13:29 CEST wrote Andreas Schwab:
On Jun 05 2017, Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have package lilypond with two spec files, lilypond.spec and
lilypond-doc.spec. Package lilypond-doc is a link of lilypond. I work on
lilypond-doc.spec locally and check it in and lilypond then rebuilds and
because lilypond-doc depends on lilypond to build a long, resource hungry
and unnecessary rebuild takes place.
[...]
The scheduler can't [know], if the other spec file might be used somehow to the
other build.

The only way is to have the spec file in own package containers.

A much simpler solution is to disable the build of the offending
lilipond package. The lilipond-doc link should still build then, but
against the devel project's or previously locally built version.

Regards,
Andreas

That would help time wise but I was thinking of the bigger picture of submitting a package with only fixes to the linked package which no packages depend on but many depend on the parent package.
As it turns out the fix for lilypond-doc build lay in fixing lilypond anyway.
Thanks
Dave