Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: How to stop a linked packages parent from rebuilding when the parents spec file is unchanged.
On Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 16:13:29 CEST wrote Andreas Schwab:
On Jun 05 2017, Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have package lilypond with two spec files, lilypond.spec and
lilypond-doc.spec. Package lilypond-doc is a link of lilypond. I work on
lilypond-doc.spec locally and check it in and lilypond then rebuilds and
because lilypond-doc depends on lilypond to build a long, resource hungry
and unnecessary rebuild takes place.

When you change the sources of a package it is always rebuilt.

I've another similar package ffado with linked ffado-mixer. This means
when I change ffado-mixer a chain of dependencies via jack will also
rebuild unnecessarily.

Change the rebuild attribute in the repository element to "local".

this will not help here, since it still looks like a source change for OBS.

The scheduler can't now, if the other spec file might be used somehow to the
other build.

The only way is to have the spec file in own package containers.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany