Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to remove users home project devel project link to multimedia:libs ffmpeg

On 24/02/2017 14:44, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2017-02-24 13:04, Dave Plater wrote:

On 24/02/2017 13:54, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2017-02-24 12:25, Dave Plater wrote:

Hi a user has made his project developed at multimedia:libs/ffmpeg this has
broken ffmpeg build.
Not that I can see. multimedia:libs/ffmpeg only has a _link file to
openSUSE:Factory, so that is the only base that could create conflicts.
I saw your revoked submit request to the users home project. I did this years
ago with rosegarden and it created havoc, it shouldn't be allowed. Trust me,
this is the reason mmlibs ffmpeg is broken.
Who knows. This is not normally supposed to happen at all, because
packages should retain their sources when unexpanded. That was not the
case for ffmpeg because it did not use <branch/>.
This seems to happen when there are accepted submit requests to devel project while a submit request to Factory is waiting for to be accepted. If there's no link to Factory, you can't get a link diff but it never breaks. The devel project link to users home makes it worse. Wait until you next accept a request to mmlibs ffmpeg it will likely break again. Anyway a user without maintainers rights shouldn't be able to create such a link.
Dave