Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mass import of packages from another OBS instance
On Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2017, 21:11:21 CET wrote Greg Ward:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017, at 01:59, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2017, 14:22:20 CET wrote Greg Ward:
But
we have hundreds of packages, and I would like to import them en masse
to the new instance -- preferably with full history intact.

Are there existing tools to do that?

Not a good one at least ... We have a planned feature for a remote
copy project support including binaries and history, but that won't help
you now.

I'll cheer you on from a distance. ;-)

Can't you just rsync the backend data and clone the database to your
new host and run the usual migration?

There's a usual migration? That's good to know! I don't recall seeing it
mentioned in either the Reference Guide or Admin Guide. Just
double-checked, and I still don't see it.

I google'd for "obs migration" and "obs upgrade", and nothing obvious
jumps out at me.

So... how do I migrate data from an old OBS (originally set up in 2008,
last updated around 2011) to v2.7?

Read the README.Updaters file in first place:

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/master/dist/README.UPDATERS

Please note that you can not jump directly to 2.7 (or even 2.8, it is about
to get released) from before 2.5. So you need to do the upgrade incremental.

Also, I have been unable to figure out how to get into the database,
which could be useful. Is that documented anywhere? Or do I just have to
find the right config file and figure it out from that. (I know nothing
about Rails or Ruby or configuring databases for Rails apps.)

Thanks!

Greg

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5