Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use more namespaces to organise controllers
On 01/13/2017 10:43 AM, Evan Rolfe wrote:
Hi all, I have a PR in which I've started to use namespaces to organise
some new controllers and wanted to make sure everybody is onboard with
this pattern since currently the only namespace we have in the
controllers is Webui.

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/pull/2544

Those controllers are:

Source::KeyInfoController
(https://github.com/evanrolfe/open-build-service/blob/8f016cb6b731e7d4261e4e268e7b2c84467d87cf/src/api/app/controllers/source/key_info_controller.rb)

Webui::Projects::PublicKeyController
(https://github.com/evanrolfe/open-build-service/blob/8f016cb6b731e7d4261e4e268e7b2c84467d87cf/src/api/app/controllers/webui/projects/public_key_controller.rb)

Webui::Projects::SslCertificateController
(https://github.com/evanrolfe/open-build-service/blob/8f016cb6b731e7d4261e4e268e7b2c84467d87cf/src/api/app/controllers/webui/projects/ssl_certificate_controller.rb)

In the case of Source::KeyInfoController this is an alternative to
adding another method to SourceController which already has > 1600
lines. Namespacing will also allow us to follow a
"one-controller-per-resource" (REST) pattern which would make the
controller code simpler and more uniform.

Here is a pretty good article about this from our "Lord and Savior DHH™"
http://jeromedalbert.com/how-dhh-organizes-his-rails-controllers/

Please let me know what you think.

-Evan

Hey,

I like the idea. Seems to be a nice way to structure our code.

Cheers
Björn

--
Björn Geuken - Rails Developer - Open Build Service
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,