Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc/obs SSL timeouts
Am 06.12.2016 um 23:01 schrieb Matthias Fehring:

Am 06.12.2016 um 22:48 schrieb Marcus Hüwe:
On 2016-12-06 22:36:51 +0100, Matthias Fehring wrote:
On 2016-12-06 19:15:19 +0100, Matthias Fehring wrote:
since a few weeks I have many problems with SSL timeouts when connecting
to the OBS with osc.
It happens in different stages with every osc command that connects to
the Build Service (co, up, build, etc.). Sometimes it works flawless,
but often I have to interrupt it and retry it. It fails multiple times
until it works. It makes no difference if it is a POST or a GET request
and the stage in that it times out changes from try to try. A current
example;

[ ... cut of old example output ...]
Hmm what exact error message do you get?

Any idea how I can try to investigate this issue?
Can you run something like "strace -e trace=network osc ls openSUSE:Tools"?

Output with strace. It take several minutes until the connections times
out, maybe 5, 10 or more (am watching how the Fohlenelf looses in
Barcelona :(, so was not controlling it the whole time). ;)

http://paste.opensuse.org/62833205

Hmm ok, it probably blocks on a read/write syscall. Can you run
"strace osc ls openSUSE:Tools"? (please use "osc ls..." instead of
"osc build...", because it is a bit "easier" to read)
Running "strace osc ls openSUSE:Tools" works every time. But I can paste
the output anyway. But there never happens a timeout and the strace is
quite big...
Ps. the best is if you send the mail to the list as well.
Yes, sorry for that. Was by accident. I thought TB would choose
automagically the list address as KMail does...

Matthias

Because with osc ls it works every time, I did a new strace with osc
build and pasted the last lines here:
http://paste.opensuse.org/68079425

Matthias

--
Das Gesetz hat zum Schneckengang verdorben, was Adlerflug geworden wäre.
(Friedrich Schiller - Die Räuber)

www.buschmann23.de
GPG-Key: 0x614C3258
GPG Fingerprint: D786 DDF8 4CA9 00BC CDE0 9A5F CCC5 125D 6E87 D4FC