[opensuse-buildservice] RFC: provide reason why job may hang in state scheduled
Hi,

I have implemented a feature that can show if a job hangs in state scheduled
because there are no workers
with the capabilities to build the job (constraints not fulfilled).

We have two cases:

1. No worker at all can fulfill the constraints. Then the following detailed
string is displayed:
"no worker provides the capabilities to comply with the constraints
(constraint missmatch hint: hardware) (constraint missmatch hint: sandbox)"

2. There is no idle worker, but a worker that is building, away or down can
build this job later.

At the moment the detailed string for case 2 that is displayed in osc r -v and
on the mouse-over-event at build.o.o is not very
significant. It just shows how many out of all workers (that are not in idle
state) could build this job.

See [1]

# osc r -v Application:Geo sfcgal -r openSUSE_Factory_ARM
openSUSE_Factory_ARM aarch64 scheduled: 159/627 building
openSUSE_Factory_ARM armv7l scheduled

Which means: 159 out of 627 workers in state building could build this job if
they change to idle. You see. Not very self-explanatory.

I would change the string in something like this:
"no idle workers found for constraints: (3 in state building) (1 in state away)"

But i am not sure and don't want to change the string every time we deploy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
Marco

[1] http://paste.opensuse.org/35759685

--
Marco Strigl
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuremberg, Germany