Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 24 project settings
Am 2016-07-12 06:21, schrieb Neal Gompa:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:14 AM, Michael Behrisch
<behrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I wanted to build my package sumo
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:behrisch/sumo for Fedora 24
and noted that the Fedora 24 project config is missing all those nice
Prefer and Substitute statements the earlier versions have on OBS. Can
they be added? I am not a Fedora expert but to me the following (all
copied from the Fedora 23 project config) would be helpful, but I
suppose there are more:
Prefer: -atlas-sse2 -atlas-sse3 -atlas-sse -atlas-3dnow
Substitute: freetype2-devel freetype-devel
Substitute: xorg-x11-devel xorg-x11-proto-devel xorg-x11-xtrans-devel
Substitute: xorg-x11-Mesa-devel mesa-libGL-devel

I'd probably argue for the Substitutes that convert SUSE package names
to Fedora ones to not be re-introduced. They don't always map 1:1 and
it's a bad crutch, especially with pkgconfig() or cmake() virtual Provides in
development packages, allowing you to avoid the mess altogether.

Thanks for your answer. I am not an expert here but if there is another way to
enable this substitution for several packages without editing all specs,
I would be happy to use it. Could you elaborate a little on how the virtual
Provides could help here?

Thank you in advance,
Michael