Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.7.0 - non-obs urls in kiwi build descriptions

On 07/06/2016 03:51 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2016, 15:31:30 CEST wrote Eike Waldt:
Hello,

the 2.7.0 release notes stated the following:
* Allow non-obs urls in kiwi build descriptions, map to obs urls if
possible

When I use the the kiwi template from [0] (I know this will not build
anyway unless I change the urls...This is just an example.), the image
does not want to build.
Error message:
"suse-SLE12-community-JeOS (can not parse package name from
suse-SLE12-JeOS.kiwi because: repo url not using obs:/ scheme:
http://download.suse.de/ibs/SUSE:/SLE-12-SP1:/Update/standard";

obs27:~ # rpm -q obs-server
obs-server-2.7.0-4.1.noarch

How do I use these "non-obs urls" correctly?

OBS still needs to know about the content of the URLs. Means, you can
only use URLs with the prefix specified as download_url in

osc api /configuration
Could you clarify this "download_url" and which changes need to be done
to the kiwi file after setting it?
An example would be nice.

However, you can also use indirectly external repositories if you
use the "download on demand" feature. OBS will track the external
repos that way and can trigger builds of kiwi when they change.

That's what I did instead ;)

--
Eike Waldt
Linux Consultant