[opensuse-buildservice] autotools source service.
Hi All,

I'm looking at how feasible it is to swap my old enlightenment "Nightly"
build scripts from some pretty messy bash to obs source services. I
could just use the git service but one of the things that my upstream
are especially talented in is breaking builds from within tarballs
generated by "make dist" so my question is has anyone looked at pulling
the current git master, then running "./configure; make dist" and then
building from the resulting tarball.

The most annoying thing about this is to generate the tarball you need
to run configure which involves having the right dependencies installed
so in order to run it it really needs to be done from the build vm.

My current thought is to just use the existing git source service then
in the %setup section of the spec file, extract the git tarball run
"autoconf; make dist" then extract the autotools tarball to an
appropriate place then build from that in the build phase. The major
downside to this is that it adds considerable changes to the spec file
compared to something built from a standard release, can anyone think of
a way to reduce these differences? I guess its generic enough that I
could hide it away in a rpm macro.

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net