Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu 16.04 situation
  • From: Mathias Radtke <m.radtke@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:40:51 +0200

On 25.04.2016 22:52, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Martin Koegler
<martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ubuntu 16.04 moved a large part from main to universe:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2016-April/001179.html

Things like docbook, texinfo, ... are now in universe, so they are not
present in OBS.

In the past, I had to import only a few packages - this time, it looks like
a larger pile.
Others will propably miss (the same) packages.

I understand, the complete universe can't be part of OBS for legal reason.

So if we can't add the whole universe, would it be possible to create a
global Ubuntu 16.04 import project?
Each package is just a _service file to download the 2-3 source files from
archive.ubuntu.org. That way
review of package additions are simple.

I offer to share the packages, that I need to import for my projects [which
include po4a and wxWidgets3.0 and their dependencies].
I'm getting bitten bad by this issue, too. There's a huge chain of
things that have moved from main to universe because now they can
build packages for main from universe. :(

I'd be happy to help with such a thing as I come across things I need as well.

Me also.
We are building our packages on the OBS. For now one package breaks
because it needs 'ant' to build.
Even when we try to build ant on the OBS it needs a whole list of
dependencies which are currently not present on the OBS.

--

Mathias Radtke

E-Mail: m.radtke@xxxxxx
Internet: www.uib.de