Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linux scheduler bugs
Hi,

Em Ter, 2016-04-26 às 08:27 -0500, Archie Cobbs escreveu:
Just an FYI.

This is an interesting/relevant paper review. I'd be curious to know
how much OBS performance could be improved by implementing all of the
fixes described.

    https://blog.acolyer.org/2016/04/26/the-linux-scheduler-a-decade-of-wasted
-cores/

From the Github project that host the patches:

  The main point of our paper is to raise awareness about issues in the Linux
  scheduler. The provided patches fix the issues encountered with our workloads,
  but they are not intended as generic bug fixes. They may have unwanted side
  effects and result in performance loss or energy waste on your machine.

I read that some distributions are already making changes to the scheduler to
fix some of these problems [1]. Thus, maybe openSUSE community should also start
to discuss about it. However, these patches, as they are, do not seem ready for
production yet.

----
[1] https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Clear-Linux-Looks-At-Sch
eduler