Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building DEB packages
On Thursday 17 March 2016, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Hi,

I think quite some people are building DEB packages in OBS so it
seems to work in principle. Still I have a hard time to build a very
simple package successfully by using
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Debian_builds

I have a non-debian-named tarball which includes a debian/ directory
containing basically everything required (I think).
So what I did was adding this tarball to the OBS package together
with a DSC file.
So from the above documentation I was expecting that a DSC file would
be enough while the remaining information would be extracted and used
automatically from the tarball.

But in any case my build seems to not even reach this step.

All it says is something like:

[ 225s] dpkg-source: warning: extracting unsigned source package
(/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/alfred-json.dsc)
[ 225s] dpkg-source: error: unrecognized file for a v1.0 source
package: alfred-json-0.3.1.tar.gz
[ 225s] dpkg-source: info: extracting alfred-json in
/usr/src/packages/BUILD
[ 225s]
----------------------------------------------------------------- [
225s] ----- building alfred-json.dsc (user abuild)
[ 225s]
----------------------------------------------------------------- [
225s]
----------------------------------------------------------------- [
225s] -su: line 0: cd: /usr/src/packages/BUILD: No such file or
directory [ 225s]
[ 225s] cloud128 failed "build alfred-json.dsc" at Wed Mar 16
23:23:56 UTC 2016.

I've tried different things meanwhile including
- leaving out file entries in the DSC file
- use fake data in the files section as proposed by the documentation

The build always ended with similar messages but always with
dpkg-source errors like "not matching size" etc.

So what is the right way to build a DEB package with what I have as
described above?

(Package I'm trying to build is this one:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:wrosenauer:freifunk/alfr
ed-json)

Don't you have these files there?
debian.changelog
debian.control
debian.rules

I see that there is a debian folder inside the your tar ball. When I was
building debian packages on OBS I had always these 3 files in parallel
to the tar ball.

cu,
Rudi