Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build fails as 'unresolvable': "nothing provides this-is-only-for-build-envs needed". What provides the req't?
On Montag, 29. Februar 2016, 21:08:31 wrote PGNet Dev:
On 02/29/2016 08:40 AM, PGNet Dev wrote:
On 02/29/2016 12:14 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
It is a protection that this package gets only used in build environment,
but never gets installed on a real system.

Add these lines to your prjconf:

Ignore: systemd-mini:this-is-only-for-build-envs
Ignore: libsystemd0-mini:this-is-only-for-build-envs
Ignore: udev-mini:this-is-only-for-build-envs
Ignore: libudev-mini1:this-is-only-for-build-envs

I've added those Ignores to prjconf, thanks.

Offhand, where's that detail documented?

you need to ask the factory and systemd people, it is a config
created by them.

and you can build.

Not quite, unfortunately. THOSE errors are gone, but there are now
additional failures. I'm not yet sure if they're related, or not;
working on that.

I've managed to get the OBS build to complete without those errors.

But, on install of the rpms from the resultant repo, I get

Problem: nothing provides this-is-only-for-build-envs needed by
systemd-228-10.1.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install systemd-228-10.1.x86_64
Solution 2: break systemd-228-10.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its
dependencies

Seems that adding the ignores to prjconf is not sufficient.

Where else does this need to be dealt with?

systemd package should not have the requires, only the systemd-mini
should have.

Did you rebuild systemd yourself?

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5