Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Onion Service
  • From: Malte <malte@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:59 +0100
On Monday 30 November 2015 09:29 Stefan Seyfried wrote:
On 24.11.2015 15:01, Malte wrote:
Hi,

a post [1] from Jos (Poortvliet) on the ownCloud mailing list brought up
the topic of censorship circumvention, I suggested setting up a Tor Onion
Service [2] and was directed here(ish).

So, if the maintainers of OBS would not mind setting up such an onion
service, I (and hopefully others) would appreciate it.

Did you really ever encounter a setup, where download.opensuse.org (and
its mirrors) was blocked but tor services were not?

The post Jos referenced sounded like this. Although maybe your mirrors [1]
where not taken into consideration.

Anyway, to me, setting up an Onion Service is also a political statement,
advertisement for Tor, and general contribution to making the Internet less
surveillable.

I would use it for sure!

Sincerely,

Malte