Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-arm] Most ARM v7 workers are broken
On Friday 27 November 2015, 07:58:47 wrote Adrian Schröter:
On Thursday 26 November 2015, 22:57:57 wrote Dirk Müller:
Hi Adrian,

I have disabled for now kernel RNG support in the build script for arm,
but we need to discuss if we want to have this in future (by having
proper kernel and initrd support for it) or if we should disable it in
general for arm.

Not all ARMv7 workers have support hardware available for a random
number generator. Most do, so disabling it globally is not a good
idea.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but now I had no chance to debug -
isn't this already solved by the autodetection that Andreas submitted?

The problem is that we can't detect from outside if the kernel which is
will complain about the extra parameter or not. And complain means here
stopping
the build.

The commits from the mentioned pull request are merged and active,
but they only affect the qemu-kvm behaviour, not the kernel behaviour.

All what we we can do is checking on the host if the hardware is able
to provide hardware rng and then just guessing if the guest kernel
will support it IMHO.

Some something like

dd if=/dev/hwrng of=/dev/null bs=1 count=1 || kvm_rng_device=

this which is disabling rng options when no device is there in the
host. Do you know a better way to check for hwrng which avoids
such a potential hanging read? I do not have any arm 32bit with hwrng
device around, it seems.

okay, the second commit tries to do this already ... checking why it breaks ...
(sorry, first mail before coffee)

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg