Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: OBS build failing in endless loop
On Monday 16 November 2015, 09:00:55 wrote Nathan Cutler:
FWIW I caught the error again in a live build log. Note the "rcu_sched
detected stalls" kernel error at 3035s. . .

Oh, and BTW this error occurred when I switched from "make -j1" to "make -j2".

And might I add that I cannot use "make %{?_smp_mflags}" in the OBS
because I can't seem to get a build worker with >4G of memory.

Yes, only one exists which has 6GB and that one is not always online.

So, to summarize:

- make -j1: OBS builds take upwards of 6 hours, but complete
- make -j2: OBS builds sometimes complete, other times not -
auto-restart, no entry in jobhistory
- make %{?_smp_mflags}: fail OOM 100% of the time

HTHTD (Hope This Helps To Debug)

The question is what to debug here from OBS side actually.
We could let jobs fail on OOM, but since the constraints are not
configured properly in many packages it will increase more
failures.

On the other hand we may get then proper constraint configs
in the packages.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg