Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 23 treats empty debugfiles.list as an error
On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

it looks like the Fedora 23 repository has some differences to the rest
of the repositories I am building against. There missing debug files in
a project get reported as an error and building stops:

error: Empty %files file
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/gnustep-make-2.6.7/debugfiles.list

On all other repositories this only gets reported as a warning.

Some background, the gnustep-make package
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/X11:GNUstep/gnustep-make) is
actually a noarch package, but we cannot build it as such, as this also
provides the folder structure for the rest of the GNUstep packages and
here we either build up a folder hierarchy in /usr/lib or in /usr/lib64
depending on the architecture. This means we have a package that is not
flagged as "noarch" but it doesn't include actual executables and for
that reason no debug information files. This never caused any problems
until I added Fedora 23 support this week.

Is there a way to work around this (eg not to create the debug package?)
or would it be possible to bring the behaviour of Fedora 23 in line with
the rest of the repositories?

Cheers,
Fred

This issue comes from a change in behavior from RPM 4.13. It'll
propagate into OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and other distros soon enough.

If you want to tell it to not generate debug information, add the
following to your spec:

%global debug_package %{nil}

This will tell _every_ distribution target capable of generating
debuginfo packages to not do so.