Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Donate CPU cycles to the OBS.
  • From: jcsl <trcs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 21:04:53 +0200
Hi.

El Domingo, 30 de agosto de 2015 17:33:46 Martin Koegler escribió:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 08:59:24PM +0200, jcsl wrote:
I didn't think about security... Well, I just asked to see if it already
existed the necessary framework to do the job. If it has to be done it's
only more work to do and another thing to maintain, so not very appealing
in the end. But now that you mention the security subject, I wonder
myself how do other projects manage this. I mean, SETI and some other big
projects are distributed and users could forge the data too.

SETI is less security sensitive. If you claim, that you found something,
they will very likely recheck the results.

https://blog.torproject.org/category/tags/deterministic-builds
Such verified build even need more CPU.

Regards,
Martin

Ok, it was just an idea. If the numbers of users was high verification
shouldn't have to be a problem, but we are not NASA. Thanks.

Greetings.