Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: submitting a _link
On Dienstag, 12. Mai 2015, 10:05:23 wrote Olaf Hering:
On Tue, May 12, Adrian Schröter wrote:

On Dienstag, 12. Mai 2015, 09:06:33 wrote Olaf Hering:
Why does sr use the sources from the linked prj instead of what was
requested, the src prj?
How exactly did you create the request?

obs sr --no-update --update-link \
-m http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2015-05/msg00041.html \
devel:languages:ocaml
I suppose you have not specified any revision, but let the api create
one via addrevision option?

yep, osc is using that option in this situation.

Yes, why would I want to specify a revision if I want to submit the
state that is used for building a package? Thats cumbersome.

well, the state which is used to build *is* the expanded source.
This is the case for all submissions.

But in this situation you actually do not want this, but the opposite.

I have change the api code now, that it checks in this situation now
for the updatelink option. Only when it is not set it is using the
expanded revision.

I guess a better UI would to to have --use-expanded-sources and
--use-unexpanded-sources to avoid all doubt. And to work per default
with whatever the BS itself will use to build the pkg. If one really
wants to submit something else --revision=N already exists.

Not sure if more options would not create more confusion here. However,
as written before, OBS is actually using the expanded sources for building.
So this was the default as you suggested.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany