Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: osc bl downloads wrong log file
On Wednesday 15 April 2015, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 15. April 2015, 12:34:49 wrote Ruediger Meier:
On Wednesday 15 April 2015, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 15. April 2015, 12:12:32 wrote Ruediger Meier:
On Wednesday 15 April 2015, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> writes:
This gives me a logfile from yesterday:
$ cd rudi_m:ul-all/ul-plain
$ osc bl openSUSE_13.1_ports ppc

But it was rebuilt today a few times already.

This is by design.

I see, but this is very confusing when you just want to watch
the log to see whether the expected BuildRequires were
installed or whether the tests were running or whatever.

Yesterday I have updated certain "BuildRequires" and there is
no way to check whether the right version was actually used for
build.

use "osc buildinfo .... | grep $your_package" to find out which
one gets used.

Hm, this is the buildinfo which would be used for the next build. I
still can't proove that my package has already survived a build
with this config.

then download the _buildenv file which is stored along with the
builds.

And this is really from the last build?

It is used to reproduce the exact same build environment (if binaries
are still available)

$ osc rblt home:rudi_m:ul-all/ul-plain openSUSE_13.1_ports
ppc | tail -10

Retried build at Tue Apr 14 18:09:24 2015 returned same
result, skipped:

I would say the last log should be kept rather than the first
one. Then the only confusing thing would be that the package is
older than the log.

no, the log file which belongs to the build rpms must be kept
IMHO

This depends on the point of view. For me as developer the last one
is the wanted one in 99% of all cases.

Actually I find that ALL logs should be kept. OBS is wasting so
many time to rebuild packages ... and then we even throw away all
these nice logs. It's a pity. For me it would have much value to
have full buildlog history.

why do you think that the build log would differ much when the
result is actually the same?

For example because I have an advanced %check section which runs
different tests dependent on what the build host supports. It always
run different tests on xen, kvm or whatever machines. Sometimes loading
kernel modules is supported, somethimes not, etc.

Once a check fails I always have the same questions:

Was this a random/racy fail?
Was this check ever successful on a similar build host.
What is the difference between the last failed and the last successful
build(s).

I don't understand how could you find the benefit of full buildlog
history questionable. Look how nice this looks for other build
machineries which I'm using:
https://travis-ci.org/rudimeier/util-linux/builds
https://drone.io/github.com/rudimeier/util-linux

cu,