Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc, disable spec file auto format
On Friday 13 February 2015, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Freitag, 13. Februar 2015, 13:24:25 wrote Adrian Schröter:
On Freitag, 13. Februar 2015, 13:17:31 wrote Ruediger Meier:

It's unfixable. Old versions of "obs-service-format_spec_file"
(the ones we have in any stable openSUSE release) will always
revert spec files which were formatted by newer fixed versions.
You see these kind of stupidly commited changes in many osc logs.
It's a pain for any reviewer.

so what, a maintenance update for that package should be possible.
Note: the one installed on the system of the packager is used, not
the one inside of some distro.

another note: this is only true, because this particular service is
configured as "localonly" in openSUSE:* projects.

Could you do me a favour and test the current version from
openSUSE:Tools project if it is fixing your problems already?

Because I'm not root I did it manually like this:

$
~/devel/osc/openSUSE:Tools/obs-service-format_spec_file/binaries/usr/lib/obs/service/format_spec_file.files/prepare_spec
python-libmount.spec > new.spec
$ diff python-libmount.spec new.spec

... looks ok

We will take care of a maintenance update then.

To solve the problem of reverted and re-reverted spec files you
would keep any client installation in sync. Good luck!

I'am already using latest git HEAD "osc" client locally installed in
my /home. How could I teach it to not use globally (broken) services in
/usr/lib/obs/service/ but from another directory?

cu,
Rudi