Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc, disable spec file auto format
On Thursday 12 February 2015, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 17:26 +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to disable format_spec_file service for any osc
command?

--noservice exists for most commands that would call then.

e.g. osc ci --noservice. But that will disable all services of
course.

I'd like to have --noservice always per default. Or better
just --no-format_spec_file. After years of pain I just want to get rid
of it.

If there is a problem with the service, it ought to be reported and
fixed.

The main problem is that it does the opposite of what anybody would
expect from a VCS (like osc). After editing some files it silently
changes the files in the critical moment when I want to safe my changes
(commit). There is no way to see what it did and there is no way to
revert these auto-changes. The only fix is to disable it.

Such auto-format thing is something you could teach your editor but not
arbitrary other commands like "osc build" or "osc commit" or wherever
else it's called.

BTW if you have a clean working copy, then "osc commit" even commits
auto-changes without any possibility to review and abort it. You can
reproduce it easily:
$ osc branch Base:System/util-linux
$ osc co home:xxx:branches:Base:System/util-linux
$ cd home:xxx:branches:Base:System/util-linux
$ osc commit
... and it commits broken spec files without commit message ...

cu,
Rudi